- Liberal 艺术 curriculum that includes English, 历史, 科学, 数学, 经典的语言, 艺术, 还有体育
- Provides students with a shared experience to support their later, more specialized learning
- Interdisciplinary approach to humanities by immersion in primary texts and an emphasis on close reading and writing
- 为期两年的研究 拉丁语或古希腊语
- 九年级和十年级研讨会 (有趣的, hands-on learning without the added pressures of grades or homework; Seminars rotate through various topics of study each year: 健康 & Wellness; Cultural Competency; Computer Science; BUild Lab; BU Engineering and Product Innovation Center (EPIC); and Foundations in Language and Logic
- 物理 (九年级)
- 化学 (十年级)
- 数学 (whatever level of 数学 students are prepared for, from Algebra to Multivariable Calculus at 澳博体育app and higher-level courses at BU)
- 现代语言课程 (可选)
Our approach to teaching the classical tradition in the humanities prompts students to understand historical perspectives, 批判性地思考, 深入钻研, 掌握原始文本的使用, 并磨练诠释能力. 波士顿大学学院 students learn how to question what they read; how to craft a well-reasoned argument; and how to appreciate the connections of literature, 政治理论, 哲学, 宗教, 科学, 和历史. Classes focus on the debate of “why” and “how.”
- All upperclassmen continue to take courses offered in the Academy building in addition to enrolling in courses at 波士顿大学.
- Students can pick from more than 2,000 BU courses including 20+ languages.
- Juniors typically enroll in biology and a modern language class at the University, 而高年级学生的选择则大相径庭.
- All University courses are taken for credit with 波士顿大学 faculty and students.
- Most students earn as many as 48 college credits (the equivalent of 12 college courses or 1½ years) prior to graduating.
- Course credits may be transferred at the discretion of the college to which a student matriculates.
- Scientific research opportunities exist for students with an interest and aptitude in 科学.
- Most students graduate with proficiency in two languages, one classical and one modern.
- Seniors are required to complete a yearlong thesis project with the guidance of a professor and a 澳博体育app faculty advisor.
Curricular Updates for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
For many years, our students have been well served by our 科学 sequence. 目前, ninth graders study physics and tenth graders study chemistry, both taught by 澳博体育app teachers in undifferentiated honors sections. Juniors go on to take 科学 coursework at BU – typically, but not always the two-semester Biology 107 and 108 sequence – and seniors often take a 科学 course at the University as well, 从广泛的选项中进行选择. All current 澳博体育app students will continue on this track. Based on several years of feedback and internal conversions, we have decided to move away from the “physics-first” model beginning in the fall of 2023.
从2023年秋天开始， entering ninth graders will take an exciting, newly created biology course that not only covers the 有趣的damentals of micro- and macrobiology but also leverages the resources of the City of Boston as a living laboratory. In the tenth grade, they will continue on with chemistry at 澳博体育app. 大三的时候, they will then be able to choose from various physics courses at the University, where course placement will match their math level (e.g. some courses will require calculus and some will not). 物理 will not be a 澳博体育app graduation requirement moving forward, but we will continue to recommend at least three years of lab 科学 and fully expect most 澳博体育app juniors to find a physics (or other 科学) course in the junior year that fits their interest and provides the appropriate level of challenge. We have already established a strong partnership with our BU colleagues in the physics department, who are excited to work with us and our students. There are several reasons we are making this change, all of which are about improving the student experience. Our ninth-graders come to us with a broad range of exposure to math topics. We believe that physics is best learned in sections where we can meet students where they are in terms of math, something that is difficult to do in undifferentiated ninth-grade sections but that we can accomplish well in the junior year at BU. 我们为严谨而兴奋, lab-oriented, place-based biology course as a common ninth-grade experience; imagine students conducting water sampling at the Charles River and integrating other examples of urban ecology into their studies. We also look forward to giving our juniors a broader array of choices for their 科学 studies.